Thursday 15 November 2007

Good Company

The Allison & Busby catalogue for the first six months of 2008 has just appeared. It features the paperback edition of The Arsenic Labyrinth, scheduled for February, plus the return of Harry Devlin, in Waterloo Sunset, next June. It’s always exciting to see the first publicity for one’s new book, and I’m pleased with the cover of Waterloo Sunset. It is a moody picture of the beach at Waterloo, in Merseyside, which features significantly in the story. The cover style is the same as for the Lake District Mysteries, which seems like a good idea to me.

But what really caught my eye were the names of the other authors with books coming out in the same period. A&B now publish CWA Diamond Dagger winner H.R.F. Keating (who has written a new Inspector Ghote) and Jonathan Gash, creator of that one-time staple of popular television, Lovejoy. Add to the mix such notable writers as Robert Barnard, Marshall Karp, Priscilla Masters, Judith Cutler and Keith Marston, and it’s company that I’m honoured to share.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

The Waterloo Sunset cover looks really good (and you'll know from my previous posts that I'm not afraid to say when I hate a cover!). A good looking catalogue all round, and it's nice that A&B give your blog some mentions as well.